Wheww really long title, huh? Inspired by the movie How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days. Hahahaha. How to have holiday under $10 in Jakarta. First of all, $10 is about 100K in rupiah. Is it possible to have a holiday with that amount – here in Jakarta, considering the food cost itself already about $4?
Read also: Living Cost in Jakarta
It is POSSIBLE. It really is, as long as you know the how to. My how to have holiday under $10 in Jakarta is based on my own experiences – several time.
- Go by yourself unless you have friend who are willing to go down with you.
- Taking the public transport like TransJakarta instead of Taxi or Ojek (the cost is about $0.35). Or you can take the commuterline – train to go to your holiday destination (the cost is depending on your route. Within Jakarta is about $0.2.
- One of options you have to spend your holiday in Jakarta is to go to Kawasan Kota Tua (Old Batavia).
- Do walk. Really, literally walk. Bit exhausting but really fun and cost-saving activities.
- Bring your own water. If you are staying in a place which provides you free water, take as much as you can. Or you can buy one big bottle mineral water (about $0,5).
- Bring your own food. You have a picnic there. Believe me. It is fun.
- If you want to buy food or drink because you didn’t bring them, buy them in the Mini Mart such as Alfa Mart and Indomaret. They have a standardized price.
Okay. Those are my how to have holiday under $10 in Jakarta. You can choose other spots if you like, such as Taman Mini or Museum Prasasti. I mentioned Kawasan Kota Tua because in that area you can find many museums, such as Jakarta Historical Museum and Puppet Museum.
Read also: 5 Tourist Spots in Jakarta
Bogor Botanical Garden – Holiday under $10
For today’s challenge I want to share the budget if you want to go to Bogor Botanical Garden.
So the total cost for going to Bogor Botanical Garden from Cibubur is about ($2.3×2) + $1.4 = $6. So I still have $4 left on my pocket then. If you are from Jakarta and using the Commuter Line, total cost is about $2.4. The entrance fee to Bogor Botanical Garden is different between local and foreigner – this is something that common in Indonesia.
What would I do inside the Bogor Botanical Garden? Well, I want to have some picnic for sure. And see all the garden’s collections. It has many collections. The last time I went there (around 2010), there is a new area – Cactus garden. If I am lucky, I can see Rafflessia Arnoldii blossoming. And see that Presidential Palace in Bogor, which is next to this garden.
If you want to know more about Bogor Botanical Garden, please wait for my post after lunch.
That’s my submission for the BEC’s weekly challenge with theme: Holiday Under 100K You Must See. So it is possible to have fun with a limited budget, right? What is your holiday under 100K you must see? Let’s share.
Image of Rafflesia Arnoldii is courtesy of Antaranews.com